The Best Places to Visit in Fiji
Fiji is a group of islands situated east of Australia in the South Pacific. The nation of Fiji is comprised of more than 300 islands, but only about 100 of them are inhabited. The islands possess gorgeous scenery, beautiful beaches, fascinating temples and mouth-watering cuisine. People from all over the world come to visit this stunning island paradise. If you are visiting the islands, here are the top places to visit.
Located on the island of Veti Levu, Suva is the South Pacific’s largest city. Suva possesses a vibrant atmosphere, magnificent colonial buildings and breathtaking mountain views. One of the best ways to explore the city and get to know the locals is to take a walking tour. Some of the places to visit in Suva include:
• Fiji Museum: Situated in the middle of the beautiful botanical gardens, this fascinating museum houses artifacts dating back more than 3,000 years. You can learn about the history of the people of Fiji, and you can view intriguing works of art. You can also pick up a souvenir in the gift shop.
• Parliament: This fascinating building is where many historical events take place. It is very educational, so the facility is worth seeing.
• Colo-I-Forest Park: This gorgeous rainforest and nature reserve is home to tropical birds, stunning greenery and cascading waterfalls. The park contains numerous hiking trails, stunning wildflowers and fun swimming holes. It is a relaxing and peaceful experience.
This exciting city is the main entry point to the Fiji islands. You can get flights to Fiji, and you will fly into Nadi International Airport. The city contains excellent restaurants, vibrant nightlife and amazing shopping opportunities. If you are visiting Nadi, here are a few places you must see:
• Sri Siva Subramaniya: This impressive Hindu temple is home to sacred statues and exquisite architecture. It possesses vibrant colors and fascinating carvings. Certain attire is required, so make sure you wear appropriate clothing.
• Garden of the Sleeping Giant: This spectacular garden contains more than 2,000 types of orchids. You can walk along paths through the forest and see stunning flowers and plants. You will also visit the shack of Raymond Burr, the owner of the gardens where you will be served tea. After your journey, you can enjoy a refreshing glass of tropical fruit.
• Sabeto Hot Springs and Mud Pool: You can take a relaxing and therapeutic mud bath, and you will soak your skin in the beautiful hot spring. Rolling in the mud is a unique experience that you will never forget. Do not forget your camera because you need to take a picture of you covered in mud.
• Sheraton Denarau Golf and Racquet Club: If you enjoy golf, you must play at this gorgeous club. The landscape is breathtaking.
This town, located on the island of Vanua Levu, is home to luxury resorts and thrilling n activities and attractions. While in the town, you can enjoy snorkeling, biking, kayaking, fishing, sailing and hiking. Savusavu also contains stunning waterfalls and lush rainforests. Here are a few places on the island you must visit:
• Geothermal springs: This fascinating area is sometimes used by locals to cook their food. The view is incredible.
• Savusavu pearl farm: This unique experience allows you to see gorgeous pearls. After your visit, you can purchase the pearls if you wish.
• Savusavu Blowholes: At the changing tide, you can witness incredible eruptions from lava that has formed around the coast.
The Yasawa Islands
These islands are a paradise that will give you the opportunity to dive, backpack or take a yacht cruise. While visiting the island, some of the places to see include:
• Sawa-i-Lau Caves: Located on the island of Sawa-i-Lau, this mysterious cave allows you to squeeze through an opening and swim with a torch through the cave.
• Eight Month Beach: This stunning beach can only be accessed by a yacht. The scenery is incredible.
The main attraction in Sigatoka is the Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park. Located at the mouth of the Sigatoka River, you can enjoy beautiful sand dunes and intriguing wildlife. It is a thrilling experience.